- @apsunde I just confirmed with our office and this email and number are genuine, please let us know if you have any additional questions. 1 week ago
- U.S.HealthWorks Medical Group just got bigger!We are excited to announce we have a NEW location in Pleasanton! 74 locations in California! 3 weeks ago
- Helpful Therapies for Foot Pain—#OccupationalTherapy Companies Inform- #therapycompanies #USHealthWorks | bit.ly/2iL32Y9 2 months ago
- Worksite Clinic #FluShots and Better Information for the Flu Season- #worksiteclinic #USHealthWorks | bit.ly/2iL7sOF 2 months ago
- #TravelVaccinations and Three Other Things to Do Before Going Abroad- #vaccinations #USHealthWorks | bit.ly/2iPafZz 2 months ago
Monthly Archives: May 2010
Last week, we announced the acquisition of both Technimed Occupational Medicine healthcare centers, located in Vernon and Commerce. The acquisition of these centers expands the number of U.S. HealthWorks operated medical centers to 66 in California and 134 nationwide.
Now employers and employees in the vicinity of 3364 East Slauson Avenue in Vernon and 4730 Eastern Avenue in Commerce can access quality injury and illness diagnosis and treatment, preventive services, pre-employment and post-offer exams and testing, and return-to-work programs.
The acquisition of these two centers enables us to better serve our Los Angeles-area clients and patients and we are very pleased to welcome the Technimed team into the U.S. HealthWorks family.
Dr. David B. Landers, the founder of Technimed said, "Having been in this market for over 25 years, it was very important to us that we transition to a recognized leader in the industry, one who will take good care of our patients and clients. U.S. HealthWorks is uniquely positioned to provide a statewide network for employers, as well as, having real-time electronic access for employer clients, who are, more and more, frequently using online resources to better manage their claims. U.S. HealthWorks has it all, so our choice of a successor was a simple one.”
-Dr. Leonard Okun, National Medical Director
Every member of our staff does exceptional work every day, but there are some employees that seem to excel beyond expectations.
This spring, we recognized a few of those stand-out team members at our 2nd U.S. HealthWorks Medical Symposium in Pasadena.
We began by honoring those who have led the way for others. Six individuals received the Leadership Award, which recognizes those who have gone above and beyond treating their patients. They have exhibited exceptional management skills in both their clinics and within their communities. These recipients demonstrate a powerful, personal commitment to the success of U.S. HealthWorks:
- Syed Saquib, MD – Irwindale
- Steve Nall, MD – Northside
- Edward Demmi, MD – Medero
- Carlos Garrett, MD – City of Industry
- Donna Diziki, MD – Edison
- Minh Nguyen, DO – Hillcrest (no photo)
- David Rollins, MD (no photo)
- Thomas Savoie, MD (no photo)
Next, we awarded four outstanding physicians with the Employer Relations Award. These folks have collaborated successfully with our business partners and the community in order to reach their health care needs. These honorees have ensured quality patient care, including excellent communication, treatment and follow up:
- Richard Amegadzie, MD – Rahway
- Rodolfo Ruiz-Velasco, MD – National City
- Scott Bischoff, MD – Stafford (no photo)
- Cori Repp, MD – Bradenton (no photo)
Then there are those U.S. HealthWorks superstars who embody everything you’d want in a team player. The Team Player awards celebrate the invaluable support these individuals have given to their co-workers and respective clinics. These recipients have exceeded expectations by doing more than what is asked of them and by making their clinics a more effective and positive working environment:
- Betsy McKendry, MD – Southcenter
- Bruce Hoang, DO – Santee
- Robert Wagner, MD – Berkeley (no photo)
- Bernard McDermott, DO – Oxnard (no photo)
Lastly, there are just some people who are the glue that supports and holds a medical community together. Our Outstanding Physicians Assistant awards are for those who have shown exceptional leadership in serving clients. These honorees have gone beyond day-to-day patient care by demonstrating exemplary service to the PA profession and the community:
- Victor San Roman, PA – Riverside
- Shauna Cole, PA – Kearny Mesa (no photo)
- Karen Manitsas, PA – Oakland (no photo)
Congratulations to all of our award winners! We can’t thank you enough for the services you provide every single day.